Monday, October 31, 2005

This may have been my favorited Halloween EVER!! Earlier today we made pumpkin muffins to bring to the neighbors we know and to friends whose houses we were going to stop by. We had so much fun going out tonight! Around 5 Esme and I went over to Gollie's new house to Trick or Treat. He and Sue were excited to see us and gave Esme some candy. Then we went to another person from our church's house, and came back to our street. This was Esme's time really Trick or Treating. We went to the end of our road and down a couple side ones - Esme was a huge hit in her Halloween costume and people were giving her handfuls of candy! She was so happy to see lights on and kept saying, "Let's get more candy!" It seemed like a dream come true for her. She was very good about saying, "Twick aw Tweat," and, "Tank you," at everyone's doors. She was so sooo sweet and I loved spending this time with her!

Going home to take over passing out candy on the other hand, wasn't such a good experience. As we were walking up to our own door, a teenager tried to steal one of our gourds right in front of us. I yelled, "Hey!," and started screaming at him to put it back until he threw it into one of our bushes. Punk! We had adults trick or treating at our house. I don't mean young adults either - people gray hair who didn't even have kids with them. I think that is really lame. Then right toward the end of the night I was running low on candy and got a group of about 13 people. I said I was going to give it to the kids only and an adult held out her bag. I said, "I really want to save it for the kids.," and she said, "Well this is for the baby!," and pointed to a child less than one. I said, "Oh does the baby eat Milky Ways?!?," and she said, "Yes she does!" So I finally gave her one, but she was pissed and talked about me all the way down the street. I was irritated because the other kids had to miss out so the mom could either keep the candy for herself or give it to someone who doesn't even have teeth. Sigh.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Those pumpkin muffins sound wonderful.

Esme is such a cutie!