Saturday, June 24, 2006

I cannot wait for Tuesday. As of Monday at one I am free woman for the summer. Tuesday I am planning to dye two purple streaks in my hair.

I've always wanted to dye my hair purple. I decided this summer HAS to be the time if I'm going to do it. If not now, when? I used to think I'd just put a layer of purple over the brown, kind of so I had highlights. Then a couple months ago I saw someone who'd done that and it looked just awful, so I decided I needed a different purple-hair alternative. I decided I need to bleach my hair so the purple will really show, but the idea of bleaching my own head is downright SCARY to me, and after all, I am the mother of a 3 yo so I don't want to be totally ridiculous about it. So I have settled on two thin streaks, near the front, one on each side. Once bleached I will dye them BRIGHT purple, and then dye them back to brown before school starts in the Fall.

Lisa has agreed to do the process for me. I think half of her is hoping I'll change my mind and the other is just afraid I'll like it and want to keep it that way. Fortunately I do have a job I have to go back to, so I don't see purple hair in my long-term future.

No comments: