Friday, November 25, 2005

Stephanie may not have gotten her candied sweet potatoes, but I didn't even get turkey! The snow kept us from going to CT to my mom's house, so our grand feast was leftovers from Wednesday night. Our one treat was that I had been designated to bring a chocolate cream pie, so we did have that on hand. We took it over to my MIL's house and shared it with her since her Thanksgiving plans were also cancelled.

My mom cooked a big meal so she very graciously saved us the leftovers so we could have Thanksgiving dinner late. But then she called me today and said we could have everything but the turkey, because she and my aunt had eaten it for lunch today. Gee, thanks!

It was nice to have a relaxing day with Ethan and Esme. I have been battling a cold for about a week and I really enjoyed getting some rest. Esme really enjoyed making the pie, and I think Ethan enjoyed just having a day off!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

No turkey?? Boo, hiss!! I guess that picture we talked about with Esme's hands in the air is appropriate after all!

Mimi said...

I'm glad that you were safe, and sorry you didn't get the turkey!